Please note the upgrade of the forum is underway right now.Nothing will change straight away so please do not worry.

Author Topic: Summer Covers EP released 26 August and preorder  (Read 11241 times)

AJ

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Covers EP released 26 August and preorder
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 08:02:24 AM »
Just listening for the first time now- it's fabulous! Will's voice and the band too sound absolutely wonderful, with gorgeous clarity and tone.
Mandyx
Editing to add....
Definitely very jazzy- Amy is the least jazzy one of them all, and Ben's 'phenomenal' playing is very clearly in evidence!  And just think...lots of us will be hearing this 'live' VERY soon!  :delighted1:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:17:13 AM by AJ »
The following users thanked this post: Will_4_Me

Will_4_Me

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 08:09:48 AM »
Good to see tweets from overseas-I think itís been made easier for fans from overseas to buy this EP straight away.

Julie x

Sandra46

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 08:21:15 AM »
Am listening as I type , fabulous vocals never sounded better , love the arangements by the band . Will at his best .

suzzi

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 08:28:04 AM »
My CD won't arrive until Lunchtime.   We are on rural Norfolk post timetables :(

So glad it's being enjoyed.  Was a tad worried by the lack of enthusiasm from a few.  Hopefully we will all find something to love.  Will singing great quality songs, can't wait :cheer:

Sue xx

Trix

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 09:50:27 AM »
Found my Amazon email just as I was off to bed, so had to download. The jazzy arrangements are great and his voice is delicious - wonderful clarity of tone.  Amy is never going to win me over, but I'll settle happily for the rest. :delighted3: Love the sax.

dizzydzin

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 09:57:45 AM »
Thanks to Julie, she posted a link to the Youtubes. All 5 are there now and you can find them through this link of
'One World'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2_Spfoowe8

Luv.Diz.X.

Ros

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:28 AM »
My CD won't arrive until Lunchtime.   We are on rural Norfolk post timetables :(

So glad it's being enjoyed.  Was a tad worried by the lack of enthusiasm from a few.  Hopefully we will all find something to love.  Will singing great quality songs, can't wait :cheer:

Sue xx

There's loads of ways to listen shown on the email if you don't want to wait. They really seem have pulled their fingers out making it available quickly on the likes of Spotify.

suzzi

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 10:27:07 AM »
Oh thanks, been a bit preoccupied this morning, but will get my act together!

Sue xx

Will_4_Me

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2016, 10:49:43 AM »
Just tweeted:

https://twitter.com/officialcharts/status/769104610980089856

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/win-a-copy-of-will-youngs-summer-covers-ep-and-t-shirt__16152/

Before he takes to the Strictly Come Dancing floor to deliver a show-stopping rumba to All Time Love (we can only hope), Will Young has a new EP out this week called Summer Covers.

As you might have deduced from the title, it's a collection of covers - five to be precise - of his favourites he's performed over the years, including The Buzzcocks' Ever Fallen In Love, The Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping and Answer Me, My Love by Joni Mitchell. More details about it are on his official website.

"I really wanted to record some of my many covers I have done over the years, especially following a jazz residency at the 606 Club a few years ago," Will said of the release.  "I had an amazing experience in the studio with an incredible bunch of musicians, recording these tracks live to create this EP. These are just a few songs that say and do something to me, and I hope they do for others too."

To celebrate, we've got two EPs to give away, as well as two t-shirts emblazoned with the EP artwork (pictured above). For a chance of winning, enter our competition below. Good luck!

Julie x
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:53:56 AM by Will_4_Me »

Will_4_Me

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2016, 11:05:47 AM »
Just received a very well packaged signed CD, Lanyard and poster. My CD is signed perfectly no smudging. Waiting for the Vinyl which they said ould be delivered later.

Impressed to receive it on time and in excellent condition!

Julie x
The following users thanked this post: Ros, Jazzle

Carol_NWP

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Devoted Facebook group
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2016, 11:29:29 AM »
I just ordered the £12 CD and there was no mention of it being signed BUT IT IS  :cheer: :dance:
The following users thanked this post: AJ

dizzydzin

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
I just ordered the £12 CD and there was no mention of it being signed BUT IT IS  :cheer: :dance:

Mine has just arrived... I was just coming to post the same, Carol. What a lovely surprise, a kiss as well!  :clapping1:

Luv.Diz.X.

Jazzle

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2016, 12:01:42 PM »
Eek!  Getting excited.  :cheer:

Come on postie!   :cheer: Get a wiggle on.  :cheer: Being down a cul-de-sac at the very end of his round, he could be another hr or so yet.  :cheer:

Will_4_Me

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »
Really pleased with the booklet too, live photos from the autumn tour plus a fab new one from the photo shoot with him jumping on (or off) the wall.

My favourites on the EP are One World and Answer Me My Love.

Julie x

Will_4_Me

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »
Just noticed copyright owned by Will Young (no mention of XIX as with all his other recordings).

Although logo registered trademark of Island (have no idea what logo they are referring to?)

Julie x