Please note the upgrade of the forum is underway right now.Nothing will change straight away so please do not worry.

Author Topic: Summer Covers EP released 26 August and preorder  (Read 11213 times)

gillwill

• VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Covers EP released 26 August and preorder
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2016, 12:17:33 PM »
Mine is here and signed too.  :clapping1:  Great service from Pledge Music.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 12:19:21 PM by gillwill »

Susie

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2016, 12:21:55 PM »
The postman didn't bring mine  :sad6:

littlemiss

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »
I just ordered the 12 CD and there was no mention of it being signed BUT IT IS  :cheer: :dance:

Mine has just arrived... I was just coming to post the same, Carol. What a lovely surprise, a kiss as well!  :clapping1:

Luv.Diz.X.

Mine is signed too!  :lovedup1: Makes it even more special now!!  :lovedup2:

young4ever

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2016, 01:08:57 PM »
Mine has just arrived - ridiculous amount of packaging!  No limited addition print tho which was supposed to be with it.  I am not going to play the EP until this evening when I can have a quiet moment with a glass of wine and I can really relish the moment.

Editing:  Ah yes the print was, hidden in all that cardboard!

Y4E
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:11:14 PM by young4ever »

Jazzle

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
The postman didn't bring mine  :sad6:

Aww, Susie!  What a shame!  :friends3:

Got mine!  :delighted9:  Unsigned ... and the booklet inside is damaged, with gold smudges all over the back cover.  Ahh well, I will just pretend Will has a funky gold design on his black outfit.  :cuppa:

So ... my thoughts after one listen.  :thinking:  (I reserve the right to change my mind about my faves after further exposure!  :happy1:)

The songs fit together really well and definitely have a languid, summery feel.   :happy3:  I am torn as to whether I like EFIL or OW best.  I've heard him sing EFIL live on tour, so that has a particular resonance, but he "does the most" with OW, IMV.  It is a repetitive song, lyrically, but he moves it along and it is the track with the most "build".  OS is really chilled and I can imagine Will in a hammock under trees with the sunlight sparkling through.  :lovedup2:

Am loving all the instrumental accompaniments and interludes.  Great musicianship on show!  :happy1:

This is not a criticism, but one thing that does strike me with both these and YWAOMM on the album is that Will is "playing" less with the content than he has in the past with covers.  He is performing them sensitively and his voice is divine, but he isn't turning them into "something else" like he did with, say, Hey Ya.  I get that simplicity is the thing that binds these 5 together and makes them feel summery, so it is just an observation.   And, of course, some songs don't lend themselves to "development" in this way.

All in all, I don't love the actual songs ... but I do love Will's vocals and the whole relaxed, chilled vibe.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 01:21:37 PM by Jazzle »

Ros

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 01:20:25 PM »
:cheer: My postman's been too.  The cd is great quality:  time and effort's been put in there. Also great to see the 'copyright to Will Young 2016'.   I noticed the Island mention too re: the logo (is it the font style for "Will Young" I wonder?).

I'm really happy with Pledge, very good service. I wasn't even expecting anything today knowing the vinyl was coming later.

One World and Answer Me are my favourites at the moment too.

sadie

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 01:20:53 PM »
At work but looking forward to listening later on

Xx

countrygirl

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 01:24:27 PM »
Mine has just come as well.  :13: This is definitely one to listen to on the headphones in peace, not as one review inferred that it was just background music.  ::) You need to hear all the little sounds in Will's voice.
I also like the way this music is so different from his concerts. Shows how versatile he is.

C.G.
The following users thanked this post: Sandra46, Jazzle

Jazzle

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »
Having discovered Will was signing in gold pen (from the other thread), my "smudges" are now highly prized as "Will's genuine fingerprints"!!!

:delighted8: :delighted9: :delighted8:

The following users thanked this post: Abbie

Sandra46

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
Mine has arrived didn't expect it to be signed , one World and I'm only sleeping are my favourites .

RosieD

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
I posted in the other thread so I will add here that I am really pleased to get the CD signed by Will's fair hand and the downloads in iTunes, my favourite track so far is" I'm only Sleeping" I love the arrangement and Ben's great solo although, as I said before the backing guitar and sax are brilliant throughout and add considerably to this EP. Now I've listened to One World a couple of times, I think in Will's interpretation of this he adds greatly to it, I like his vocals very much.The last track is sung straight and nostalgically just as it was way back when  :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:13:32 PM by RosieD »

Carol_NWP

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Devoted Facebook group
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2016, 02:32:45 PM »
OMG ONE WORLD is phenomenal  :celebrate:

Carol_NWP

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Devoted Facebook group
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »
Not sure if anyone brought this over from fb or not but Kelly enquired as to why the vinyl hasn't been included in packages and had this reply which she wanted to share here
** UPDATE** ive spoken to pledge music - there is a nationwide delay on vinyl production so this item (and others not just wills) are delayed. They have no confirmed release date now and it will likely be over a month until we get it now but she confirmed its definitely coming. She said she apologises not to have issued an update but all orders still stand and the vinyls will be distributed to those who have ordered them as and when they are done. I asked her to update the pledge updates site to let people know to avoid 100's of calls today when people discover the same as me and told her I'd update you all so at least we won't all have to call she thanked me for doing that on their behalf 🙄🙈😂 and apologised for not communicating the delay before now. can someone on devoted site copy this across for me as I don't go on there, thank you **UPDATE**

dibarrett

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »
Mine is here and signed too.  :clapping1:  Great service from Pledge Music.

Mine arrived earlier on very kindly signed by Will :happy2: Like you say Gill, great service from Pledge Music

Will's vocals sound amazing as always on this E.P. along with the playing of the terrific live Band

Love
Di
x

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 03:57:53 PM by dibarrett »

Elaine

• VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »
My copy has just arrived and I am delighted to find it is signed, in silver.  I can't wait to hear it now....

Jazzle, your fingerprinted copy is unique!